10 July 2011

Rock Salt Double Chocolate Cookies


The original recipe is a giant double chocolate cookie, I mean with each cookie supposed to be about 115gr. but I wasn't brave enough and I ended up making "normal" size cookies. When I say I wasn't brave enough I really mean that if I would have made them that big I would have eaten the entire cookie all at once no problem..so to avoid that, I just tricked my mind by eating 3 smaller ones and telling myself that I don't need to feel guilty since I could have been naughtier and eat huge one!
The thing I most love about these cookie ( and I know some people will hate it, I think is one of those LOVE it or HATE it thing) are the chuncks of rock salt. It's an explotion of flavours, the little chunck of salt that sits at the back of your throat and meets with the strong and rich flavour of the chocolate is just divine. So if you do make them and you are braver than me and make the full size, let me know if you are in the team LOVE (like me) or HATE!
Looking forward to hear...:)


Double Chocolate Cookies

Ingredients:
Makes abot 24 regular size cookies or 12 giant cookies

1 cup cold, unsalted butter
1¼ cup white sugar
2 large eggs
½ cup cocoa powder
2¼ cups plain or all-purpose flour
¼ tsp. rock salt
1 tsp. baking powder
2½ cups dark chocolate chips or any type you like.

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 175˚ C.
Line baking sheets with parchment paper .
In a medium bowl mix the cold butter and the sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy . Add the eggs one at a time and mix after each one is well combined. Mix in the cocoa powder until well blended. To finish add the flour, rock salt and baking powder, mix for about 1 minute, then add the chocolate chips and fold them in with a spoon or spatula.
By now the dough should look well combined and mixed. Start by taking small amount of dough (about the size of a big walnut) and roll into a ball and flatten just slightly into a disc. Place on the baking sheet and cook for about 8-10 minutes. When ready let them cool on the baking sheet for few minutes and then remove them and place them on a wire rack to cool.
Enjoy!

Source: adapted from Annies Eats who adapted it from  My Baking Addiction, originally inspired by Levain Bakery

2 comments:

  1. che bontà!!sembrano deliziosi... Love Love Love
    Valentina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grazie Valentina! Un'altra cosa da aggiungere alla nostra 'to do list' la prossima volta che siamo insieme!

    ReplyDelete