19 June 2011

Biscotti al latte


I made these biscuits twice and both times the husband and the little girl have devoured them! I made them in different shapes as well just because it is fun to change :) These biscuits are made with milk, they are perfect for dunking and you could keep eating them almost guilt free. I mean they still have butter and eggs and sugar, but somehow the fact that they contain milk and taste so light almost take the guilt away ;)
I loved eating them in the winter, on a snowy day, sitting with Gloria drinking hot chocolate while sitting on the couch with a comfy soft blanket...but i also loved them on a spring day with some cold milk while looking out of our window at the trees. :)
These biscotti al latte (milk biscuits) remind me of my adolescence. When I was little my mum would tell me that these were the healthier option to those chocolaty fatty ones...and this is what I started telling my little one. However I not as disciplined or strict as my mum was...because as soon as I have some spare time here I am trying a new recipe of those "fatty" biscuits and I can't wait to hear Gloria's thoughts on them..and I'm pretty sure she doesn't mind either :)


Biscotti al latte:


Ingredients:
500 gr flour
100 gr. butter
150gr. sugar
100gr. milk
1/2 tablespoon runny honey
pinch of salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 pack of vanilla yeast or 1 tablespoon of baking powder (I never used the baking powder but it should work)


Directions:
Preheat the oven to 180˚C. Combine all the ingredients together until you have a smooth and well combined dough. Roll the dough out on a well floured work surface to about 1 1/2 cm thick. Cut the dough into rectangles about the length of your fingers and give them a round shape (see 1st picture above) or just cut them in any shape you like. Whatever you choose don't make them too flat.
Brush them with some milk and cook in oven for about 8-10 minutes.
When cooked remove them from the oven and place on a cooling rack. When completely cooled placed them on a serving plate and sprinkle with some powdered sugar.
Enjoy the dunking! :)

Source: adapted from www.ildolcemondodisara.com originally from anna-moroni.

No comments:

Post a Comment